Monday, January 18, 2016

Time is Flying

Cavan is still doing so well on the diet! He is still on a ratio of 2.5:1. I am afraid to even type this because I don't want to jinx myself but he is seizure free for about four months now. Like none. At all. We are going to CHOP this week. Kenyon is all about trying to wean Cavan off of the drug, Onfi. I have such mixed feelings about it. He is doing so, so well. If we pull him off, what if he goes back to having seizures?? I mean, I know what they would do. They would probably raise his ratio if he could handle it. Maybe even put him back on the drug. But why ruin a good thing? So that leads us to making a list of pros and cons. 
  He has changed so much on this diet. He gives me kisses goodnight now and tells me he loves me. Do you realize how long that has taken? He still has breakdowns every so often. You can literally see the meds taking over his body. THAT is what Kenyon wants to see go. But at what expense? Hey- I can hope that we wean the Onfi and nothing changes. That's the whole reason we started this diet! Time will tell. Maybe we will go and our neurologist will tell us that she is strongly against weaning him until spring. I can speculate all the way to the end of the Bachelor. But I won't be able to let you know what happens until Thursday. Here's to hoping that whatever decision we all make- he continues to thrive on the diet. 
My Super Cavan
Always smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment