Sunday, October 18, 2015

Ugh. A scare.

So, this whole -my kid is on a special diet  thing- kills me when normal things happen. Today we had a great morning. He ate all of his breakfast, snack, and lunch. We even had a play date this morning with our friends Gavin and Mason! And then he turned. And not for the better. He started complaining about his stomach. So I'm like, okay... He ate bacon, apples, and chips for lunch with a side of oil. Who wouldn't have a stomach ache? So I watched him. And he did that gagging thing. Remember that one from the hospital? Gagging for like twenty minutes straight. He lay down on my floor and then boom, he passed out. Couldn't even keep his eyes open. It reminded me so much of when he was in the hospital and his bicarb was low. I put a call into the neurologist on call. I was panicking. Thinking his numbers must have dropped. I mean, what else could it be? When I got in touch with Dr. So and So, he told me to try and wake him up. If he didn't really get up, he wanted us to get to an ER. So I totally wasn't panicking at all when I was shaking Cavan awake. (I hope you sense my sarcasm). But no need to worry, he woke up. He was groggy and refused to drink (which always worries me). But he was okay. I don't know what it was. I don't know what happened. It could have been heartburn for all I know. But him being on this diet just makes things more complicated. Can you imagine what will happen when this boy gets the stomach bug?! Yikes. 
He did wake up with a runny nose and boogers everywhere. Yum. But at least we aren't in a hospital room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment