Friday, February 12, 2016

Heartbreaking

I don't really have any other way to describe it. The past week has been terrible. Cavan is going through something that we aren't really sure what it is. Could have something to do with his brain, could have something to do with him being four. We don't know. About midday all week he has literally snapped. Something sets him off (whether it be him not wanting to eat or him not raising his hand etc) and sends him into a tailspin. He starts by shutting his eyes really tight. Then he begins to wail. It's a repetitive moaning/whining/scream cry. No tears come out. But he can't seem to stop himself. Or doesn't want to? We don't know. He does it for over an hour. Yesterday I had to go get him because he couldn't get on the bus like that. Today was his Valentines Day party. He was awesome all morning and then snap! He did it again. When I arrived he refused to open his eyes. He couldn't walk (which scared the hell out of me) but when asked why he said because his eyes were closed. I tried to take him to the party which was held in the cafeteria. He wouldn't even participate. Hell, he wouldn't even open his eyes. I had Ronan with me who was following every instruction and having a blast. But Cavan was still crying. And I looked around the room and realized.... My kid is different. And it broke my heart. And I felt like if I stayed in that cafeteria one more minute I would suffocate. And I had to get out of there. Because my kid can't play normally and I have no freaking idea why. So we left. And the minute he walked out the door, he was normal. Which leads me to believe that this is behavioral. And I still don't know what to do. But for now- I'll just cry and drink my Venti Mocha. 
Happy when we are leaving...
Thank God for Drive thrus...

No comments:

Post a Comment